Thursday, August 4, 2011

Ups, Downs, and Kersplats

Okay. So there weren't really any kersplats that I am aware of, though that would have made sense given the type of day it was.

Downs:
  1. Hubby is being destroyed by the stress of his job switch. And he hasn't really started yet.
  2. It falls upon me to not only maintain his sanity but to maintain every aspect of our lives since he can only focus on the job right now.
  3. That includes making doctor appointments for the little guy (who suddenly has an eye out of alignment).
  4. I should be making appointments for myself for new glasses (it's been three years) and for these dizzy spells that keep showing up.
  5. But I don't have time to deal with that.
  6. Or much of anything else.
  7. Because we're constantly go-go-go.
  8. And I can't even get my laundry done.
  9. And I have swollen glands.
  10. And dreamed about a horrid spider going up my shirt.
  11. Thereby destroying the best sleep I've managed in weeks.
But in the midst of this, I managed some of my ups for the day.

Ups:
  1. Arranged dinner with Hubby's brother who dispensed the same advice as me...but Hubby actually seemed to listen a bit.
  2. Arranged a visit with Hubby's mom because there's nothing more calming than going home.
  3. Played with the little guy and had so much fun! (I forgot how cool hide-and-seek was!)
  4. Watched the little guy's imagination soar even further!
  5. Finished a necklace AND a matching pair of earrings while the little guy slept in.
  6. Finished my watercolor page (though it went in a completely different direction than I had planned).
  7. And started another page!
I know the downs are outweighed by the ups numerically.

But truly? It only takes one good up to make the downs seem not as daunting.


1 comment:

  1. I had a similar type of day today too, (substitute hubby/kid for Cat/Kitten,lol)running on all sorts of lack of sleep, but didn't manage to get anything creative done at all! How you managed it I'll never know. You're superwoman! Can't wait to see your watercolor pages! Here's to a good nights sleep!

    ReplyDelete