Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Trucking On

I hate to admit it, but I do better work when I have to account for myself. Just being left to do things on my own and on my own time? I think about doing them...but then I do other things.

So this deal with Laura, my creative kindred spirit, is already working so well! Last night, I processed an image for Flickr (2/7). I did the background for a watercolor/ink page I've been thinking about. (I'm not thrilled with it for a variety of reasons, but I'm thrilled that I did it!) I even started my first real mixed media project. (Squeal!!)

And I felt good. I felt so good to be creative. Granted, it would have been nice to be creative in my own space, maybe with some of my favorite music playing lightly in the background.

But I was creative while playing with my three-year-old, instructing him not to touch the Mod Podge, washing the Mod Podge off of him, washing it off myself, wondering how it got there, getting hit in the face with a ball, and being asked a million questions by my husband as he worked on his train layout.

Phew! I'm like a warrior or something!! LOL!



1 comment:

  1. Haha! Let me put your mind at ease..Modge Podge all over is totally normal. :) I love your St. Frances statue image. And, you know my curiosity is peaked over the mixed media piece! It's great that you made the time for being creative! xo

    ReplyDelete