Monday, August 1, 2011

Planning Art

As I said previously, my creative sister, Laura, and I are going to set creativity schedules for ourselves. Life has a habit of intruding (yes, intruding!) on our creative endeavors as of late, and we're not going to take it anymore!

(Protest music starts to play as we make creative signs to march around with.)

Part of our intentions (I won't use the word "plan" because that's a dirty word in my house) are to post our creative goals for the week, so here I go:

1. Process and post one picture to Flickr each day. (That's the easy one, I think.)

2. Start a sketch for my watercolor journal. (I haven't touched this in over a month! But while researching tattoos...ahem...I came up with an idea I want to try!)

3. Glue the rest of my pages for my art journal. (One of the tougher endeavors, as it involves the cooperation of a three-year-old, but I think I can do it.)

4. Post at least one print to Zazzle. (I have a habit of forgetting about Zazzle. Must stop that bad habit.)

5. Finish making another necklace (and matching earrings). (I just made two necklaces and have two--maybe three--planned. Time to hop to it!)

6. Start a project based on one of the items I pinned on my Pinterest board: "I'm Inspired..." (This actually ties into what I'm doing in my watercolor journal, so I think I can pull off at least the rough drafting stage!)

We can do this. We can schedule art and still have it be spontaneous and wonderful and creative and fulfilling.

Here we go!!

Flickr 1/7


2 comments:

  1. Whew! I don't feel so bad now after posting my goals because yours are just as challenging! I hope we didn't bite off more than we can chew,lol. I love your first image...it's great. Cool weather vane! I'm excited to see your finished projects, especially the one inspired by Pinterest! Let's go rock the week Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we may be a little nuts, but that's the creativity seeping through! I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete