Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Baby, It's Cold Outside (All the Better to Kill the Germs, My Dear!)


Sputter, sputter, phompf!

And that was the sound of the propane in our fireplace running out last night. Granted, it's not our primary heat source. We have oil heat for the baseboards, but when your house is brick, cinder block, and plaster, baseboard heat only warms up the baseboards when the outside temperatures fall below freezing. We also have wall units that work better for their air conditioning in the summer than for their heat in the winter.

So we really largely on the propane insert in the fireplace. Which likes to play the nasty trick of running out just before big snowstorms.

Okay, so I exaggerate a bit. It's not going to be a "big" snowstorm; just three to six inches. But still! I want to be warm and snuggly while those three to six inches of snow fall! And lacking propane will not help me to achieve that!

That being said, the propane man brought a delivery this morning. He was a big burly bear of a man who smelled of dust and oil. It was a warm, comforting smell. I even let him stand on the rug just inside the front door while I wrote him a check so I could smell the fumes on his clothing.

Poor fellow. I probably subjected him to this stomach bug!

Good thing he works outside all day! Hopefully, it'll kill those germs!

1 comment:

  1. Stay warm and bundled up! Drink lots of fluids and get lots of rest..hey, I sound like my mom now,lol.
    I have the A/C on while I'm typing this but it's going to get cool here too but no snow. :(
    I'll just enjoy your images instead!

    ReplyDelete