Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013: Goals and High Expectations

I stopped making New Year's resolutions a couple of years ago. I never seemed to fulfill very many--if any--of them! Probably because I set them so high that I psyched myself out.
 
Now, I simply set some reasonable goals for myself, many having to do with creative endeavors.
 
Before I list said goals, let me just say that I peeked at my horoscope for the coming year. And say what you will about such things, my horoscope for the next year is AWESOME!! Whether one can trust a horoscope or not, I'm going all in with a positive outlook for the coming year!! 2013 is going to be a great year for this Scorpio!
 
So, without further ado, some goals for the next 12 months...
 
Personal Goals:
1. Drama Free. People seemed to think that I needed extra drama in 2012. I beg to differ and will use 2013 to get away from all that nonsense.
 
2. Organization. I need to better organize myself. First step? Purge those things that I'm holding onto for no reason!
 
3. Fabulous by Forty. This was actually something that I started in 2012. Over the past six months, I have lost thirty pounds. I'd like to lose a couple more in 2013 and then it's the hard part: getting fit and toned. Ugh...I hate to exercise. So my goal will be to find something that will fit into my schedule and that I'll enjoy!
 
Now, while there may be other things that I want to work on throughout the year, I'm making these three goals my priority. No sense in overwhelming myself and giving up on all of them, right?
 
Creative Goals:
1. Daily. Keep a daily diary entry. I did this all last year and I want to keep this habit going through 2013.
 
2. Weekly. My friend, Laura, came up with this idea and I'm going to do my own spin on it. I'm going to make a list of creative pursuits I want to engage in; then, I'll roll a die and see what I'll be working on for that week. I don't have to finish a project, but I do have to practice my skills.
 
3. Monthly. I want to complete one "big" project per month. I found some ideas on Pinterest that I want to do, and I'm sure there will be some weekly projects that I'll want to bring to fruition.
 
4. Long Term. I want to finish writing my novel this year. It's been three years in the works; time to finish it. I want to get my Etsy shop up and running with some photos and see where that takes me.
 
So there it is. Will I succeed at everything? Probably not. And that's just me being realistic. But it makes me feel good to have direction and to have reasonable goals set for me.
 
We'll see what happens!
 
Now it's your turn. What goals are you setting for the coming year?
 
Open the Door to New Possibilities!
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Those are all awesome goals Nichole! I like "goals" instead of "resolutions". Much more fun! I can't way to see what you do and KUDOS to sticking to a daily journal entry! That's one of mine for this year! Here's to a great 2013! Hey! Send me a link to where you read your horoscope for the year. Want to see if mine will be awesome too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laura! I am terrible at resolutions; goals seem to work better for me! My MIL gave me a five-year diary with guided entries last year...so helpful! I want to add other details to each day this year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! I've never liked resolutions...too much pressure,lol. What a good gift that was! I'm hoping to be much better this year about daily journaling...and blogging of course! xo

    ReplyDelete