Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fiction Project 2011: Part One

Note to self: Don't do big projects during the school year.

It's done. And it's mailed in. I just complete the Art House Co-Op's Fiction Project for 2011. It's kind of a cross between a sketchbook and a writer's notebook. The overall idea is that at least 51%, though, must be words.

The theme I chose was "Happy Thoughts." I've been mulling over and working on a book of memoirs of life on the farm, so I viewed this as something of a rough draft.

It was definitely slow-going. And it didn't match the grand vision I originally had.

But you know what? That's okay. I'm proud of that little book, and I'm proud of its simplicity. Because that what my memories are: simple. I think it all came together quite well. And the friends and family members who have read it have done so with tears in their eyes at certain parts. And that tells me that I can feel successful...

Front Cover

Title Page


Copyright and Dedication


Preface

2 comments:

  1. Awww! I'm so glad you finished! Well, summer is coming up so now you can do another!LOL!
    Very proud of you for sticking with it and finishing it! And I just love that front cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having seen and handled this project with my own eyes and hands, I can attest to its pure perfection! The art is simple and uncluttered, the messages warm and tender (for the most part - not including the cow stampede). Nichole is an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete