Today's Prompt: Be open. Reveal ten things about yourself that may surprise the people who think they know you well.
1. I grew up on a dairy farm, and in my childhood I threw hundred pound hay bales, got stampeded by cows, shoveled manure, helped a cow give birth, and dug trenches in torrential rain to keep the barn from flooding.
2. I have a very wicked temper, sometimes even to the point where I long to be violent. People laugh when I tell them that because I'm so mild-mannered. They have no idea how much self-control I have...
3. I used to be very afraid of the dark. I'd run from lighted area to lighted area, and I would jump into bed lest something was lurking under the bed. Then, one day, I just wasn't afraid anymore.
4. I initially went to college to become a forensic psychologist. I planned to work for the FBI as a profiler. I gave that dream up because I went to the wrong school for that major and because I knew it would keep me from a life from my now-husband.
5. I hate my job. Absolutely despise it on some days.
6. I believe I lived a past life in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, during the Civil War. When I go there, I feel this incredible sense of familiarity, of being home.
7. I sometimes feel like I give too much of myself away by being overly generous and giving to those around me. There are days when I feel like I have nothing left for myself.
8. I love going ghost hunting. I very, very rarely get to do it, but I love ghost tours and such when we go on vacation. I always hope to catch something completely irrefutable on film.
9. I am addicted to Bravo TV's reality shows. I like to watch and imagine what it would be like if I were on the show.
10. I love, love, love food. When I watch "Man vs. Food" and see him participating in various food-eating challenges, I am a little jealous. I also think that I could very possibly out-eat him.