Sunday, February 17, 2013

Guilt: A Powerful Motivator

Do you remember the blanket statements that teachers used to make while you were in school? Like "If we don't stop talking, no one is going out for recess!" And they were only talking about one or two students, but rather than calling out the perpetrators, they addressed the entire class.
 
Remember that?
 
Well, I was always the good kid that wasn't talking but who felt hugely guilty anyway!
 
The angel on my shoulder is the size of a sumo wrestler and the devil on the other? A pancake.
 
So when I posted that I hadn't fulfilled my weekly creative endeavor in yesterday's blog entry, I felt guilty. Hugely guilty. Dirty look from the sumo wrestling angel on my shoulder guilty.
 
Know what I did? Grabbed a pencil and a notebook and got to work:
 
A Window to a Guilty Soul
 
There. I feel better.
 
And to feel further better about myself, I processed a portrait on my iPhone:
 
Little Boy, Big Imagination
 
And then I decided to play around with Photoshop. I used a free stock image from Catnip Studio Collage:
 
 
Then I used a bunch of textures and such from Jerry Jones and the authors of Digital Art Wonderland, and voila!
 
 
The Sisters
 
There. I feel better. The guilty stare from that sumo wrestling angel has been replaced by a patronizing grin. I'm okay with that.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Your eye is amazing and I love the other images as well. Guilt served you well!LOL!

    ReplyDelete