Saturday, March 12, 2011

Yeah!!

Hubby and I went furniture shopping today. We're getting our hardwood floors refinished, which requires moving all of the furniture out of the living room. We're at a point where we know we need new furniture (there's nothing like sitting on your couch and feeling like you're sitting on the floor). And we're also at a point where if we're going to be moving the furniture out...You see where I'm going with this.

Anyway, so after hitting the furniture store, we decided to head somewhere for lunch. Hubby took a road that he's only been on once or twice; I've never been on it at all.

What a wonderful road! A farm photographer's paradise! I was snapping pictures left and right as we whizzed by. I considered today a scouting mission, and I'm taking a slower trip down that road sometime this summer.

Here's a shot that I snapped along the way:

I started playing with it, trying out different crops and sizes. I started working on the layers and piecing it together. As it took shape, I thought my head was going to split in half because I was smiling so broadly.

There are those moments when you just know something's coming together better than you had imagined. It was one of those moments. Everything came together with the final texture that I layered in. I am so stinking excited with how this one turned out!!!!

I give you "The Patchwork Barn"...



1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love it! That red roof is just delightful. Great texture work, love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete