Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Time, Time, Time...See What's Become of Me

I'm tired. Very, very tired.

I've been an insomniac for as long as I can remember. In the past, I could never fall asleep. I'd lay there hour after hour, waiting for sleep to come. Usually, my brain was in overdrive and that's what drove sleep away.

As I've gotten older, I find that falling asleep is no problem. My head hits my pillow and I'm out like a light!

But then it happens. First at 12:34. I sit up and look at my husband's alarm clock. Plenty of time to sleep. I snuggle back in and I'm out.

Sometime after 1:00. I can't squint right to make out more than the one and a blur of green afterward.

3:18. On the dot. Every morning. I awake, wide awake. My brain starts to kick in. My pillow isn't comfortable. The room is too hot. Any number of annoyances keep me awake.

5:12. Nineteen minutes until my alarm goes off. Asleep.

5:31. Ugh. Snooze. Wait, can't hit snooze. Up. Stumbling. Zombie.

I've got to get some sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment