Saturday, September 1, 2012

Saturday Submissions

(Ducks head in shame)
 
Hi, folks. It's been a while, huh? Life got crazy. I guess I'll detail what's been going on and what I'm going to do about it! And a shout out to my friends Dave and Laura; they've posted to their blogs and got me moving to post to mine! Thanks, guys!
 
So, here's what you've missed:
 
1. Back to school! My schedule got a huge upheaval this year, so suddenly school became all-consuming. After an initial all-out meltdown, I've decided to just prove my mettle by doing a great job this year and not letting things get to me. It's a struggle; I have to be honest. But I've gotten some serious validation about the job that I do. I've been told what an impact I have on these kids. I'm going to stay true to that.
 
2. My little guy is starting preschool this coming week! Where did the time go? I've been spending time with him and trying to absorb all the childlike wonder that he has. He is so sweet and silly and goofy. I just adore him, and I am ever amazed by him!
 
3. I started a weight loss journey this summer. Right after our eleventh wedding anniversary, Hubby and I started counting calories, watching portions, and making healthier choices. Since July 7th, Hubby has lost 27 pounds (Men! Right?), and I have lost 13 pounds. For a little while, I was seeing the pounds come up but wasn't really seeing results. Now? Wow. I have a waist again. My saddle bags are dropping off. My butt is even smaller! And Hubby is taking notice. ;)
 
4. Creativity feels like it has come to a complete standstill. I haven't processed pictures in a while, and I certainly haven't made any hands-on art.
 
Which brings me to...
 
5. Saturday is going to become my creative day. I am going to try to devote my morning (before my little guy wakes up anyway) to creative endeavors. And that includes blogging. I want to devote more time to the things that bring me personal, selfish happiness during my coffee-sipping, early hours!
 
So, here you go! A glimpse of some little creative endeavors I did squeeze in last weekend. A trip to the Rose Garden which yielded pretty floral shots and some cute portraits, some imaginative dress-up play with my little guy, and some rural shots from a visit to my old stomping grounds:
 
Pretty in Pink
 

Edges
 

Taking in the World
 

Mr. Bright Eyes
 

Mommy's Little Swashbuckler
 

Bits and Pieces
 

On a Day Just Like This
 

Sing a Song of Summer
 
I guess I've been more creative than I realized! Yay!
 
Have a great Labor Day Weekend! Enjoy your time off, time spent with family and friends. And take some time to do something for yourself, something that you enjoy!
 
See you next Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment