Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Different Approach

Those who read my last post know that I have effectively been kicked off of Society6 for speaking my mind and for calling them out on their lack of artist protection. Jerks.
 
But I have to express my gratitude to those jerks.
 
Posting on their site was easy. Upload, set price, do nothing. I made a couple of sales, which was rewarding, and found some great fellow artists to connect with (the only aspect that I'll truly miss).
 
But seriously. They made more money out of the relationship than I did. And that just isn't right.
 
On the day after my account was suspended, my daily horoscope told me that I was relying on connections that weren't going to get me anywhere, that I needed to branch out on my own and trust myself, my talents, to get the success that I want.

It struck a chord with me. And as someone who believes that everything happens for its own cosmic and karmic reason, I took the injustice from Society6 to be a sign that it was time to go in a new direction.

I'm now in the process of doing just that. I had a semi-defunct Etsy shop on which I used to sell some jewelry, but now I'm going to turn it into a site for selling my photographs. I changed the name and information and added my new store logo this morning:

 
I also started to look for professional print labs to print my images. I placed an order with a company out of Maryland that has good reviews, and I'm anxious to see what my print looks like. A talented artist friend suggested another site that I plan to look into, as well. Then, it'll be a matter of setting up my shop!
 
Fingers crossed, this is the direction that I'm supposed to take. We shall see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment